Saturday, August 2, 2008

Saturday, August 2nd 2008

Meal One
2 scrambled eggs
2 roma tomatoes sauteed in olive oil and spices
1 whole avocado

Meal Two
1 oz grilled chicken w/curry sauce homemade
couple slices of green pepper

Meal Three
Red Curry dish at Lanna Thai w/chicken and vegetables and coconut milk (delicious and spicy)!

2 comments:

JaNessa said...

The day started off really well...
Meal 1: 2 egg omlet w/bell pepper and cheddar...coffee 1/2 and 1/2, 2 tsp sugar
Meal 2: 2 oz turkey, 1 oz cheddar, mustard, 1 slice ezekiel bread, 9 almonds, 1/2 cup pineapple.
Then we went to a birthday party...uh ohh..
Had a small piece of cake, some broccoli with a tiny amount of dip, some cheese and like 7 crackers. REALLY WANTED A VANILLA COKE but didn't. So then we were babysitting and we ordered pizza and I had 2 slices and 4 sticks of crazy bread. So it was a good day gone bad.

Luila Josephine said...

Janessa, the good thing about junk food is that it will never go away until Jesus comes back, so don't ever feel pressured to eat it. (I need my own advice, of course). And the good thing about eating good food is that you will always be glad afterwards. I am convinced that the best attitude is to eat whatever it is you want and don't complain afterwards; OR eat what is going to make you feel good after you are done eating (not what feels good only while you are chewing and swallowing).

On my trip to California, I had birthday cake, ice cream, pizza, and more desserts. But, I enjoyed myself and I did not complain or whine when I returned to Tulsa with an additional five pounds on my body.

I know what I have to do to look good and feel great:
1. Prepare most of my meals in advance for the upcoming week.
2. Exercise hard at least one hour a day, rest on Sundays
3. Eat 4 to 5 small meals a day with an appropriate measure of protein, veggies & fruits, and healthy fats in each meal.
4. Minimum of 8 hours of sleep.
5. Repeat above steps week after week until I reach my goals, and then keep repeating to maintain results!

This list is not always accomplished since life is not always predictable. And frankly, I am not as disciplined as I would like to be. But, I am going to keep moving forward. I can only control what I can control. Tomorrow is always a new day.

Keep it up, girl. You are in the game.