Friday, August 1, 2008

Friday, August 1st 2008

Meal One
1/2 order of the fitness low-carb omelette at Mimi's cafe
1/2 cup orange juice

Meal Two
2 oz chicken grilled at home
1 cup broccoli
1/2 avocado

Meal Three (totally fell off the paleo/zone wagon on this meal!!!!)
Potluck at a friend's house
3 oz grilled chicken
1 oz baked beans
1 oz potato salad
1 oz rice
1 meatball
1/2 cup ice cream
2 one inch pieces of some kind of cake like white brownie dessert?
1/2 cup of decaf coffee

Well, there goes my goal of trying this new diet! I guess I just didn't want it bad enough. I preferred eating some "fun" things instead of sticking to my experiment. What do I do now? I think after trying this for two weeks, I am going to go back to the Zone. With the zone, I am still able to eat some "fun" foods in moderation and keep my insulin levels balanced. I do however, believe that I needed to cut back on some of the "fun" foods. And I believe that cutting back even on the Ezekiel bread helped me to have more energy and lose three more pounds. I am heading to California next week, so my goal then is to keep everything in a Zone friendly ratio, and keep the "fun" foods to one to two table spoon servings!

2 comments:

JaNessa said...

Today was off....I was home all day but cleaning like a mad woman so I literally forgot to eat my snacks. Until 930 @ night and then I ate stuff I wasn't supposed to.
Meal 1: 3 scrambled eggs w/ 1/2 a bell pepper & salsa. Coffee with 2 tsp sugar and 3 tbsp 1/2 and 1/2...and a packet of hazelnut splenda. I know..bad janessa.
Meal 2: 1 slice ezekiel bread 2 oz turkey, 1 oz shredded cheddar. Mustard. 1/2 & 1/2 with cold coffee and the hazelnut splenda again...
Meal 3: 3oz chicken cooked w/ soy sauce. Stir fry veggies w/ seasme ginger sauce. 3 tbsp rice...literally
Snack?? My friend brought over some homemade (like from scratch) green enchiladas...I had 3. They were delicious.

Luila Josephine said...

Janessa, you rock! I would have eaten the homemade enchiladas too. There is no point insulting good friends who bring over homemade meals! Keep it up! By the way, what is hazelnut splenda?