Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Tuesday, June 17th 2008

I started a business called MyFoodNanny.com. The basic premise is that I will serve as an eating coach for my clients who want to live a healthier lifestyle by choosing better eating habits.

I started in the month of May by asking some girlfriends to be my test cases. And in the month of June, I started with three new clients. So far it has been an absolute joy. I really think I have found my niche as far as careers are concerned. This business not only compliments our family business (my husband and I own Next Generation Crossfit), but it also gives me the freedom to choose my schedule and continue to do the other million things I love (being with my kids) and hate (washing dishes/cleaning) to do as a mother, wife, business co-owner, and homeschool teacher.

The only thing I've noticed is that while I am coaching others to eat better, I have lost focus in my own eating habits. It is hard to eat well in this world even when you are only taking care of yourself. When you add kids, spouse, and clients into the mix, it gets to be more challenging to remember to eat well for yourself.

My husband gave me the wonderful idea of journaling my meals on a blog. I thought this would be a great way to hold myself accountable, since I will make my eating habits public. And this is also an opportunity to continue coaching my clients as I relate my own daily journey of eating well for myself.

Starting tomorrow morning I will use this blog to journal everything I eat: the good, the bad, and the ugly! Hopefully, the motivation to be a good example to my clients will show more of the "good" and not so much of the "bad/ugly"!

If you are interested in finding out more about my program and services, please check back on my website in the next few weeks.

My website is not up yet, but my web address will be MyFoodNanny.com.

2 comments:

Fight Club Tulsa said...

Luila..quit being so dang hard on yourself. It's nice knowing that no one is perfect and we can get right back "on" with the right results. Take what we don't want and create something new, like this food nanny site. You are an amazing woman, and I will be eating what you eat, FINALLY someone has done the work for me..UM..think you could come cook for me once a week? That would be the icing on the cake..i mean..salsa on my 5 chips ;) I LOVE YOU SOOOO MUCH!!
Jen

Luila Josephine said...

Thanks Jen! I finally realized you meant a comment on this blog....sorry, I guess I fried one too many brain cells last weekend when I went off the zone!