Meal One 8:00 am
1 egg yolk, 2 egg whites
1 slice ezekiel bread
1 tsp. raspberry jam
4 oz milk with 1 tsp. instant coffee
2 tablespoons of cream (in coffee)
Meal Two 12:00 pm
2 oz grilled @home steak
1/2 cup veggies
1/2 cup grapes
6 cashew nuts
Meal Three 4:00 pm
Smoothie:
1/4 avocado
1 tablespoon cream
water
1/2 cup blueberries
1/3 cup yogurt
1/2 scoop protein powder
stevia
Meal Four 7:30 pm
2 oz grilled steak
1 oz mozzarella cheese (skim)
1/4 cup baked sweet potato
1 cup raw mixed veggies & fruit (broccoli, celery, carrots, grapes, cherry tomatoes)
6 almonds
WOD (A Crossfit Workout at Next Generation Crossfit)
Front squat 5-5-5-5
85-80-95-105
Notice the difference in the two photos of my back:
One is before zoning
The second w/the brown dress is after 3 weeks of zoning.
I read this quote from Breck's Crossfit Jenk's website: "you have to know what you have to give up in order to get what you want."
So, all day today as I volunteered in a VBS Missions' theme room with the smell of homemade churros (mexican pastry) wafting up my nose, I repeated the quote in my head: you have to give up sugar in order to get the body you want." It worked! I would rather have a lean healthy physique than the few seconds of pleasure offered by a dessert (which will make me feel tired and bloated for hours too!) And the funny thing about carbs with empty calories is that they are ALWAYS available. There is never a shortage of sweets. Everywhere I turn, someone is offering me or (my kids) pizza, cookies, candy, bread, cake, lollypops, soda, etc. Let's face it, junk food has become a social past time. Eating is a way of making new friends, showing love to family members, and generally participating in the American culture. So the battle to eat healthfully wages on another day...
4 comments:
Great job Luila !!! Keep up the great work, I'm sooo proud of you!! Looking good Sister !!
Luila, great website. Thanks for the meal suggestions and the exercise suggestions. What you say is true, empty calories are everywhere, especially on vacation. Miss you!
Luila, this is great. You look amazing and I can't believe you acheived all those muscles in 3 weeks!!! I will use your blog for motivation and for ideas. You rock!!!
Thanks, everyone!
Karen, I think the muscle was there from Crossfitting regularly for several months; but the extra body fat I had covered up the definition. Weird, huh?
Post a Comment