Meal One
handful of fresh raspberries before working out at 6am
Meal Two
1 1/2 eggs w/mushrooms, red bell peppers
handful of raspberries
handful of strawberries
finger full of cashews raw
Meal Three
grilled orange roughy homemade
asparagus
red bell pepper diced
cashew nuts
Meal Four
snacked on a few teaspoons of coconut milk chilled
Meal Five
grilled salmon homemade
about a cup of pineapple diced, fresh
red bell pepper sliced
I was feeling the effects of the sugar withdrawal yesterday. But, I seem to be recovering pretty quickly. Last night I felt great. I was very alert and I had a ton of energy. This is unusual for me late at night, after chasing two kids around all day. Today, I am still craving some kind of sugar. I feel like I should be eating bread or oatmeal or something like that. I almost caved in when serving my kids fresh hot oatmeal for breakfast!
Tomorrow I have to take Sophia and her friend Luca out for lunch. I keep thinking that I have to disconnect my emotions from food. It is helping. Food is so deeply rooted in how I feel, especially in social situations.
Eric took my body fat measurements today. I am at about 20% bodyfat, which is the lowest I've been since before I had my kids. My lean body mass is 95lbs. And my weight with clothes and shoes on is 119. I am curious how this diet is going to affect my body fat and lean body mass as well. I am eating whenever I am hungry. But, I am only eating meats, veggies, nuts, seeds, and fruit. I am not eating any sugar, processed foods, or grains (this includes legumes).
I will post some photos soon to compare before and after.
I am still feeling pretty good. I was also able to deal with a lot of stress today without succumbing to anxiety. It was great. I didn't feel like a slave to any mood swings. And as a result, I didn't say things that I regretted or wished I could take back.
I did a feel a little tired around 6pm; but I think this is because I hadn't eaten dinner yet. The last meal was lunch around 12pm. I do notice that I can go for 4 to 5 hours without any real feelings of hunger. Sometimes I want to eat more out of habit or being momentarily bored or stressed.
I said no to fresh homemade coffee (offered by my hubby), chocolate chips (offered by my kiddos), cheese and crackers (offered by a friend at the kids' playdate), and don't forget saying no to the delicious homemade oatmeal I fed my kids for breakfast!
I hope tomorrow, I can succeed again. It is much easier to resist temptation when I disconnect my emotions from the food in front of me. It is amazing how food can "talk"! But, when I take the emotions away, the food loses its voice.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment