Meal One
1/2 grapefruit (before 6am workout)
Meal Two
1 1/2 scrambled eggs
1/3 pancake
1/2 cup milk w/ instant coffee
Meal Three
1 slice Ezekiel Bread
1 oz raw cheese
1 hard boiled egg white
1/2 cup of raw veggies: broccoli, tomatoes, bell peppers, black olives, cucumbers
Meal Four
1/2 zone bar
1/2 cup raw whole milk
Snack
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt, organic, whole
1/2 scoop protein powder
Snack
1/2 banana
1 mozzarella cheese stick
Meal Five
2 oz grilled chicken homemade
1 bell pepper
6 cashew nuts
Snack
1/2 zone bar
1/2 cup milk
Last night, I ran three miles after completing "Black Jack" a WOD from Crossfit One World. When I was done running, I got into my car and imagined eating some ice cream. A few minutes later, I got a video from Blockbuster. Again, upon entering my car, I imagined going to the neighborhood Walmart and buying some Ben and Jerry's. I realized that thinking about comfort foods is a habit I have developed over the years. When did it all begin? Somewhere along the last 36 years, I have trained myself to eat ice cream after a hot bout of exercise and after renting a movie. Is this typical for most people? I don't know. Then, this made me think about all the other actions and routines which upon completion involve attaining some kind of "treat".
Now if I am going to survive the next oh, I don't know, potentially 74 years...(36 + 74 = 100), I think I better start to form some new "treats" that don't involve empty calories. What if every time I complete a 5K, I get myself a manicure, or put money towards a vacation or a new dress, or whatever. Something has got to give. I do not want to be a slave to cravings or bad habits. What are some other things I can indulge in that do not take a lot of time (like scarfing down a brownie), and give me comfort? Feel free to add to my list...
Things to indulge in that do not have negative side effects:
1. A good book
2. A good article/magazine
3. A visit with a new/old friend
4. A nap
5. A visit to a museum
6. Write a letter by hand
7. Devotions
8. A stroll through beautiful garden
9. A long walk with my husband
10. A manicure/pedicure
11. A massage
12. A road trip
13. A random act of kindness (especially anonymous)
14. Tickling my children until the giggles roll
15. Watching my children sleep
16. A Jane Austin novel
17. Writing a short story
18. Writing a poem
19. A leisure swim in the pool in the cool morning and hot sun
20. Burying my feet in a sandy Florida beach
21. A long distance phone call with my sister
22. A date with my husband
My workout today:
Rowing Sprints
500 meters
5 rounds for time each
Times ranged from 2:11 to 2:18
No comments:
Post a Comment