Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Wednesday, July 9th 2008

Meal One
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup strawberries
Earl Grey Tea w/ one teaspoon honey and cream

Meal Two
Lunch w/friends at Riverwalk Italian restaurant
2 oz grilled chicken
plate of greens, zucchini, asparagus
6 kalamata olives
Balsamic Dressing

Meal Three
Latte w/whole milk (8 oz)
No sweetener

Meal Five
Left over salad from lunch

Meal Six
8 oz whole milk
1/4 scoop protein powder (7g protein)
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon raw pumpkin seeds

WOD (refer to www.nextgenerationcrossfit.com)
One round of each:
Helen
Kelly
Annie
19:08

The last few weeks I have been trying to stick with the zone as much as possible. I haven't been super strict; but I hope to get back to a more strict menu from now on...

6 comments:

AngieDSimplyMe said...

Hey Luila!
It's Angela childress.. remember me??? :P.
I was lurking on NextGeneration and had to check out your blog when Eric posted.
Your blog's great. I've heard lots of great things from the Guts Crew. It seems you and Eric are doing well... glad to see that.
Just wanted to say hi... have a great day!

D said...

Hi Luila,

I love your food blog! I especially love what you wrote about comfort foods and treats (July 2). I do the same thing; I use a good workout as a way to justify ice cream or beer or wine, and where does it get me? I was especially bad when I was doing hours of biking.

Starting this week, I'm seriously getting back to the Zone or at least a lot closer to it - got to lose this gut - I know I have some lean muscle under there thanks to Eric.

Luila Josephine said...

Hey Angela!

Of course I remember you! You let me borrow your car that one day remember, when Eric' car broke down? How are you and Jeremiah and the girls? I saw Jeremiah at Guts on Easter Sunday, but I am not sure he recognized me...it was a hectic day with lots of people trying to get their kids from the children's church...

Thanks for checking in with us! Are you still crossfitting? I hope so. I remember that you seemed to really enjoy the wod's.

Luila Josephine said...

d,

I haven't seen you at the gym in a while. I guess I keep missing you. Are you still biking? I want to go by Riverside and get a long bike ride in as a wod sometime...

Hope to see you soon, Can you come to the 6am? It's better with the summer heat quickly approaching!

AngieDSimplyMe said...

Yes I remember loaning you our car.. geez... that was such a long time ago...
We're great... I saw Eric on Easter and said hi but he was really distracted.
Still CrossFitting. Actually I'm getting back into it. I just had a baby and slowly becomming consistent again.
Jerimiah's starting up a 6am class at CF Tulsa. He was certified Memorial Day Weekend.
I keep trying to swing by to say hi but you know how life is.. hopefully soon.
God Bless

Unknown said...

Hi Luila, ( I realized I spelled your name wrong the first time. Sorry) Eric dropped the book off, thanks! I'm excited to check it out. I'm really inspired that you write your meals down. I'm trying to be serious about eating healthy. Buts hard in the fast pace life we have. Knowing more people are trying makes me want to step up more. Thanks. lauren